We conduct research in Inverse Problems and Image Analysis. The common thread among these areas is a canonical problem of recovery of an object (function or image) from partial or indirect information.
Research Activities of our group are
- Geometrical Modelling for Image Analysis. We are using homology constraints and geometrical modelling for the efficient image analysis.
- Mathematical Modelling and numerical simulations in Thermoacoustic Tomography.
- Variational regularization methods for Image Analysis. Currently main activities are inverse scale space flows and Bregman distance regularization.
- Calculus of variations for nonconvex variational problems and nonconvex semigroup theory.
- Statistical Methods and Image Analysis. We are exploring related approaches in Statistics and for Total Variation Regularization.
Oct 13-12th, 2014 we are co-organizing a "Special Semester on New Trends in Calculus of Variations" more
May 5-16th, 2014 we are co-organizing the workshop "Theoretical and Applied Computational Inverse Problems". more
On July 10-12, 2013 we held the opening conference of our project "Modeling Visual Attention as Key Factor in Visual Recognition and Quality of Experience" at the University of Vienna, Faculty of Psychology.more
Our former colleague Christiane Pöschl (now Grenoble) has been awarded a Hertha-Firnberg-Programm of the Austrian Science Fund.