We conduct research in Inverse Problems and Image Analysis. The common thread among these areas is a canonical problem of recovery of an object (function or image) from partial or indirect information.
Research Activities of our group are
- Geometrical Modelling for Image Analysis. We are using homology constraints and geometrical modelling for the efficient image analysis.
- Mathematical Modelling and numerical simulations in Thermoacoustic Tomography.
- Variational regularization methods for Image Analysis. Currently main activities are inverse scale space flows and Bregman distance regularization.
- Calculus of variations for nonconvex variational problems and nonconvex semigroup theory.
- Statistical Methods and Image Analysis. We are exploring related approaches in Statistics and for Total Variation Regularization.
- November 7 2012: Initiativkolleg: Mit Computern die Welt verstehen.
Research newsletter about the Initiativkolleg Computational Science involving the Computational Science Center.
- April 20 2012: Jobs available.
For details, please consult our jobs section.
- April 10 2012: Vietnam Journal of Mathematics.
Otmar Scherzer joined the Editorial Board of the Vietnam Journal of Mathematics.
- October 05 2011: Closing Workshop Industrial Geometry.
The Closing Workshop of the National Research Network 'Industrial Geometry' will be held from October 19-21 in Vienna, Austria.
- January 13 2011: Habilitation of Markus Grasmair.
The Habilitation (venia docendi) of Markus Grasmair has been approved.
- November 23 2010: New doctoral college Computational Sciences involving the Computational Science Center.
- June 23 2010: Vice president Otmar Scherzer.
Otmar Scherzer has been elected as vice presdent of the Inverse Problems International Association.
- June 17 2010: Habilitation of Markus Haltmeier.
The Habilitation (venia docendi) of Markus Haltmeier has been approved. [Announcement of the talk].
- 2010: Handbook of Mathematical Imaging.
Otmar Scherzer edits the Handbook of Mathematical Methods in Imaging which will be published by Springer in 2010.
- July 01 2009: Launch of the Computational Science Center.
Otmar Scherzer has accepted an offer from the University of Vienna and launches the Computational Science Center in cooperation with the faculties of Mathematics and Computer Sciences.